GAME: won by the first team to score 15 points. BASE POSITION: Base Position is a position on the court. READY POSITION: Ready Position is a Body Position.
TYPE OF SHOTS:
1.CLEARS: a high lob shot hit to the opponent’s end-line. 2.DINK: the soft shot hit just over the opponent’s side of the net.
3.DRIVE: fast hit that travels parallel to the floor and right at your opponent. 4.DROP: birdie hit from any position on the court just over the net.
1. THE SERVEall 4 players must be in their square at the time of the serve.
2. THE SERVE must be hit DIAGONALLY and travel across the SHORT SERVICE LINE.
3. The RACQUET FACE must be pointing downward on the SERVE. NO OVERHAND SERVICE!
4. Players will lose the point if the racket or body touches the NET during play.
5. Boundary lines it is considered to be IN and good.
6. If the shuttle hits the net on a serve and continues to fly over the short service linethe returning player must hit the shuttle. The serve is considered to be good.
7. THE SERVE is made from the Right Side of the court as the server is facing the net, if the servers score is an EVEN number. The serve is made from the Left Side of the court as the server is facing the net, if the servers score is an ODD number.
8. When serving - Team #1, Player A, will serve until his/her team make a mistake or until the opposing team wins a point. Then Team #1, Player B, will serve until he/she makes a mistake or the opposing teams wins a point. Once Team #2 defeats both players from Team #1, they will both get to serve.
STRIKING THE BIRDIE/SHUTTLE
1. Good Footwork is essential to playing good badminton.
2. When striking the birdie/shuttle try to strike the birdie out in FRONT of you NOT above your head. Don't Jump!
1. Setting up to ATTACK: send opponent deep with a CLEAR followed by a DROP shot.. 2. OPEN SPACE: hitting the birdie to a location on the floor where your opponent is not standing. 3.Setting up an ATTACK: hit the birdie directly at your opponent. 4. DEFENDING space: recover to CENTER COURT with good footwork.
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.