The Marketing Plan is part of the new State Standards for Physical Education. State Standard 5A & B: Recognizes the value of physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression, and/or social interaction.
USE THE FOLLOWING FORMAT
P.E. MARKETING PLAN
Name _____________________________Grade: ________
The Media Project is part of the Physical Education State Standard 5 a&b.
1.Pick a topic of your own choice (i.e., a recreational activity or sport):
6.Pick 3 of the following Fitness-Related benefits (agility, balance, coordination, power, reaction time, or speed) and describe how your activity/sport would helps to develop and/or improve the skill, and why?
1. Golf Did you Know! GOLF stands for: “Gentlemen Only Ladies Forbidden”
2. Why I Enjoy playing Golf!
Golfers get to see some of the most beautiful country side in the World. The game is very challenging.
There are many different aspects of the game that must be mastered (such as Putting, Chipping, Pitching, Long Irons, Fairway woods and Drivers). Exercise! You get to play with friends, and meet new friends.
3. List 3 Personal Goals
1. Pursue my 3rd hole-in-one!
2. Improve my putting! I’m the best 2 putter you’ve ever seen, but I would like to reduce the number of putts I have in a round. 3. Improve my short game (80 yards in), I would like to hit 60% of my shots from that distance within 10-15 feet.
4. Name 3 skills/talents needed to improve your game.
In order of priority.
1. Putting – 50% of your shots could be putts.
2. Approach Shots – “Chipping” or “Pitching" around the greens.
3. Driving – Hitting the ball off the tee, and keeping it in play!
5. Health Benefits
Cardiovascular Endurance (Light to Moderate) - Most 9 hole golf courses are about 2.5 – 3.5 miles long. Double that if you walk 18 holes.
Flexibility - (Moderate) - Needed to swing a golf club (i.e., rotation of the body to build club head speed).
Muscle Strength – (Moderate) - Needed to get the club head speed up to 90 plus miles per hour to increase distance.
Muscular Endurance (Moderate to Intense) – Needed to keep the swing consistent throughout the round (18 holes) of golf, if you get tired walking your swing will suffer affecting ball distance and direction.
6. 3 Skill-Related Benefits
1. Balance – A swing MUST end with the golfer in balance.
2. Coordination – Needed to hit a stationary ball, as the club goes through the full-swing. Eye-Hand-Coordination
3. Power – is a combination of Speed and Strength. This is required to swing a golf club. You must also be able to control the amount of power you hit the ball with or the ball will end up short or long of your target.
7. The greatest challenge for new golfers is the short game.
Only 5-6 % of all golf shots are hit with the Driver, Long Woods or Long Irons.
45 % of a golfers shots are inside 150 yards. This requires the use of the shorter clubs, and not always a full swing. Being able to hit partial shorts or bump and run a ball is very difficult to master.
This allow 50% of the remaining shot to be used for Putts!
My Greatest Challenge is hitting the long irons for accuracy.
8. What could you do to encourage a friend to play Golf?
I could invite them to go play Putt-Putt.
I could invite them to go to a driving range to hit some golf balls.
I could invite them to play a virtual golf game.
I could invite them to go and play a round of 9 holes of golf.
9. Where could you go to play golf in the Chardon community?
There are a number of really good golf courses in our area:
Could include addresses and phone numbers.
St. Dennis Chardon Lakes
Legend Lakes Pleasant Hills
Rolling Green Pleasant View
10. What are the Financial Costs associated with golf?
Golf Clubs: Can cost anywhere from $200.00 for a beginners set of clubs to $1,500.00. Average cost about $600-$800.
Accessories: Shoes ($30 +), Golf Bag $70 +), Golf Balls ($20 + per dz.). The golf itself: Without a membership $12 + for 9 holes $15 + for 18 holes.
Memberships can run as low as $500 at Pleasant Hills to $1500 to places like Chardon Lakes and Legend Lakes.
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.