“Ringer”Is a game similar to “Ultimate Frisbee” or “Flash ball”.
Sidelines (side of the field - if RING goes past the side line the team who threw the RING loses possession and the opposing team will take possession of the ring at the point where the RING went out of bounds).
End Zone (the scoring area - area between the red line and the sideline of the football field).
Shooting Line (line where a toss for a score must be taken from the numbers).
Center Spot (center of the field).
1. Start with a coin toss (rock, paper, scissors) to see who get 1st possession.
2. Dropped RING equals a turnover. Leave RING for opposing team to pick up and put back into play.
3.“Simultaneous Catch” - RING caught by both offensive and defensive player at same time goes to the offensive player.
4. After a score the team that was scored upon will receive possession at the Center Spot where they will put the RING back into play with a toss to someone on their team in their half of the field.
5.If a team attempts to score and the thrower of the ring is inside the numbers at the time of the throw - If the RING is caught that team will maintain possession of the RING, BUT must toss the RING back outside the shooting line and attempt to score again -OR- If dropped it is a turnover.
6.“3-3-3 Rule” - a defensive player must be 3 feet away from the player they are guarding IF that player has the RING. A player who catches the RING has 3 seconds to pass the RING to a teammate (this rule only is enforced if the other team counts out 1,001, 1,002, 1,003) and the RING has not been tossed. 3 Recover Steps - a player is allowed to be running when they catch the RING but must stop within 3 steps (PLAYER ARE NOT ALLOWED TO TAKE 3 STEPS AFTER THEY CATCH THE RING).
7. SCORING - 1 point for a caught RING in the End zone. 3 points if the RING is caught in a “RINGER” style catch.
1. The Ring can be thrown underhand, overhand, forearm or backhand (Frisbee style) 2. When throwing to a stationary target, throw to their chest. 3. When throwing to a moving target, lead the runner, and throw the ring about chest high.
1. Keep your eyes on the Ring 2. Move quickly to the Ring 3. Use 2 hands if necessary 4. If trying to score a 3 pointer, create a spear with your hand.
1. Create Space - use the entire width and length of the field. DO NOT BUNCH! 2. Move into an Open Passing Lanes, defined as no defensive player between a teammate with the ball and yourself. 3. Use quick, short, accurate passes. Long passes may cover a lot of ground quickly, BUT the chances of the ring being dropped or picked off are increased significantly. 4. Throw the Ring to a player in an open passing lane. DO NOT throw into a crowd!
1. Make sure everyone on your team knows who to guard. 2. Stay on goal side. 3. Force opponent to the side line or end line. 4. Don't leave the person you are guarding, unless the person who is free is threatening to score.